nuffnang ads

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, August 23, 2012

I want to try all...

yup...and now...i finally feel like writing it all down...

i am the kind who always wanted to try something new...i never good at anything...but i know a lil bit about almost everything...

i've tried painting on canvas last semester...and i find it quite addictive....i've drew quite a lot considering the time i had..and had tried various method...(like creating texture and effect)...i only use acrylic at this moment...(still don't have the guts to draw using oil)...

most of the panting...were inspired by the pop art...since i am not really good at drawing a "real" figure... (i can draw but i'm so gonna fail colouring it)..so...pop art we go! i am super fussy at choosing things that i want to draw..but this addictive-ness had put the fussiness away...my first drawing was the pop art volkswagen ...and i am still looking for the right image to be drawn to complete the set...

here my 'masterpieces'...

p/s: pardon me for all the bad quality pics..I am just too lazy to pick up my camera so I just used my 2mp phone camera...

this blue Kombi is my first time...i mean...drawing on canvas...


i am a volkswagen fan...or specifically the Kombi...so...among all the paintings i've done...painting the Kombi(s) were such a bless...i never paint before...and seriously...my lecturer back in UiTM used to say stuff like "orang buta mewarna lagi cantik dari awak..."..and ever since that..i don't really enjoy colouring, painting or drawing...but i knew i can draw...i am not good at it..but yes...i can draw...but, i never good at colouring...since i had this long canvas that i bought for Design Research Method..and haven't been used because my proposal got rejected...so...this long canvas had stay at the corner in my room collecting dust (and still is..hehe...)so...feeling guilty all myself by  having it but not using it..I finally decided to try painting "stuff"...I googled some images that I think logic and seems logic to be drawn...and I think pop art image is quite easy to be drawn...and drawing stuff you love will make it easier....so..those two were my early paintings..

when I said that drawing stuff that you like is easier...I really meant it...I am quite a big fan Lana Del Rey... (i hate it because each time I think of her, Marilyn Manson's image will automatically popped in mind...*sigh) she had this unique face that I can't stop myself from drawing her...I drew the draft on a blank A4 paper and surprisingly...it took only few minutes...(minat punya pasal..-__-) well...I've edited her picture in the computer to look like a pop art painting...so i got the sharp figure, shapes and shadows so it's easier for me to draw it...


but...
towards the end..i decided not to draw her on the canvas...because i wont have any gut to hang her on the wall...(I penakut u'olls...nak lukis muka orang pon aku berdebar!)...so...bye bye Lana Del Rey...I threw her away... T___T

So...here is my other work...this Superman  painting...I saw the image at the internet while googling something else...and i finally decided to paint it...i am seriously not good at drawing hands...and FYI...this painting hasn't finish yet...i still need to work on the shadow...but...i just don't know when will i finish it...the reason i haven't finished it on one go is because i need it to be completely dry before i can apply another layer on the painting....and apparently the enthusiasm of finishing it "dry" together with the painting...but..i'll surely finish it one day and blog about it again...
and both this Superman and Mickey Mouse painting...I drew it while skyping with Kak Nadd..memang melukis sambil lewa habis...and both of them need a final touch up...both, on the shadow part...


okay....this is my first experiment creating texture on canvas....I watched this program on TV at Gold Coast one morning...and i think it's fun...while we were at the Carrara Market...i surveyed for the "impasto"(material we use to create this kind of texture)...I finally found another favourite shop in Launceston...Pearts..its like Kedai RM2 in Malaysia...but it had almost everything...the canvas were cheaper...it supplies art stuff in a very reasonable price before i finally found out that K-mart had it cheaper... T__T..but you can't always find canvas in K-mart..because they rarely restock canvas...but..yeah...it were hell cheaper in K-mart...
I make it just like how I watched it on TV...but it turn out not so good...i need to practise more...perhaps? its a combination of solid color and metallic...it produced that 'steel' effect...i am not really happy with the final product tho...but..after all...if i don't try...i won't know whether I gonna love it...or just hate it...

I like these texture thingy...it just that..i need more practise in handling the material...not something that can really be proud of...but who cares...at least I've tried...!!!

and here are some small canvas (20 x 20) i had...i got it quite cheap at K-mart...so..whenever I feel like doodling...i doodled on them...


i haven't get tired of drawing..(yet..)..but i am in searching for something new...i have the urge of doing 3d works...(computerized)just to polish the skill that i've long forgotten...and to do scrap books or wall of art full with my captured lomo photo...

but towards the end of searching something new...i've bought some cross stitch set...and trust me..it really got on my nerves...i mean..the tukar2 jarum part...but i love cross stitching...once i finish it..i'll blog about it... *wink*

owh..continue the story about 'towards the end' part....i finally decided that i should try sewing...anyway...i really wanted to knit...but knitting is not something that i can do just by common sense...i need to learn how to knit first to make it happen...but sewing....i can do it by common sense...it just feel right to put the pieces of clothes together to produce something...i am quite good at sewing manually. i have produced simple stuff like a cover for my hot pad so it stay warm longer...and some mini pouch..
please ignore the bad workmanship..it took me only 15 mins to produce this...would look better if I spend at least an hour to sew it...hehe...


i decided to try sewing using sewing machine...yup...i bought a small yet simple sewing machine for a beginner....(yes..i am afraid that this is just hangat hangat tahi ayam...but i really want to give it a go)...so...i tried...!

i've told my friend  ska my intention of sewing...and she said go for it...she said it's gonna be fun!
(she sew a lot! she loves fashion...so..she sew outwear that she designed herself!) and yeah.... it's fun...i find it fun... i am quite keen into crafty stuff...and since i am still new to this sewing world (i mean sewing using the machine.. =P)i think i'll stick to do just a simple stuff...

here some stuff that i've sewn..

the cover for the pad...1st  attempt using the sewing machine...

bought it second hand...

it's a combination of cotton and fleece...i don't know if it's my machine...or fleece is just being so "unfriendly" with my sewing machine...(or maybe its a sign that i should get myself a proper sewing machine?? =P)


there...its a bit smaller than the normal size pillow.

pillow cover...well anyway...i got this pillow from a friend who went back to Malaysia for good...so...i adjusted the pillow since the cotton inside the pillow "dah huru hara"...and here the final product...the cover for the 'not so cantik pillow'..hehe...
i love sewing it since the material is super easy to be handled...so...my sewing machine had behaved really well during the time i sewn this...hehe...

using the balance from the fabric i used to sew the pillow cover...i made this simple head scarf...I like it...it fits me just nice...



the reversible bag...
pardon me for the bad quality pictures

and using the 'leftover'...i experiment on baby boy's shoe..(strap shoe)and i didn't realize that i am actually out of fabric...so..i just did it anyway...just to see how it goes...(sebelah je..T__T)

the unfinish product


so..overall..i find it fun to do all these artsy, crafty thingy...if you go and browse how to do this and that through the internet..it will finally led you to pages that will encourage you to DIY everything..hehe...

and to be true...i have a lot of other things that i want to try doing.

- E N D -

0 respond(s) to this blog: